USA > Chicago
The Workshop Coordinator complies, classifies, and monitors the workshop service with regards to maintenance and disruptions to vehicles and installations and advises the Management and informs his team members regarding operational decision making.
The Workshop Coordinator ensures quality of service towards our clients by showing the right leadership skills, based on our TCR values which he/she promotes and implements. At the workshop, safety of all stakeholders is ensured by the Workshop Coordinator. He/she performs reporting on safety, quality, and performance. He is responsible for team roll-out of safety culture, team supervision and workshop organization.
Coaching and leading the team
· Taking end-responsibility for quality, efficiency, safety, and resources within his/her own unit;
· Coaching and motivating the team members and taking care of teamwork;
· Taking responsibility for the team.
Management of the work package
· Resource and manpower allocation in coordination with management;
· Ensuring a correct stock management by determining and ordering the available and needed resources such as (spare) parts, office supplies, etc.;
· Giving insights to the management regarding the feasibility of the planning and advise on the possible solutions and bottlenecks;
· Identification and visualization of the planned maintenance and outstanding problems using the available systems;
· Tracking the progress of the work package (disruptions and maintenance) on the basis of available recourses and by monitoring standard times, bottlenecks, back log and feasibility within the given mandate;
· Processing and making production figures and/or quality data visible for operation purposes.
· Managing working hours, overtime and holiday planning
· Instructing in maintenance and malfunctions for the purpose of safe maintenance of vehicles and equipment;
· Knowledge transfer for professional development of the team members.
· Active implementation and roll-out of safety culture (zero-harm) in operations.
· Day-to-day safety of TCR operational teams, partners and other airport stakeholders.
· Demonstrating active safety leadership by driving the safety culture and implementing initiatives to continuously improve TCR’s safety performance and OHS management system.
· Day-to-day operational management, problem-solving and appraisal.
· Recruitment of team members.
· Drive the TCR values in your operations and make sure they are embedded in the behaviors of your team.
· Leadership involves the active use of valuable feedback from the team.
· Investment in workshop and workshop equipment to efficiently support operations long-term
· Logistics management such as spare parts, suppliers and airport relations.
· Develop and maintain positive day-to-day operational relationships with customers.
· Coordination with departments such as: customers, suppliers, TCR departments;
· Providing information from customers to team members regarding matters that influence the operations;
· Advising customers with regard to the availability of vehicles and equipment.
· Contributing to the professional knowledge to set-up (quality) measurements in consultation with the management;
· Proposal for improvement such as adjusting procedures and making new work agreements;
· Investigating and coming up with technical improvements (modifications) to equipment in order to reduce the cost price per unit of product to increase availability for the customer.
Taking end-responsibility for the workshop administration within the own unit and in cooperation with relevant departments. This including work orders, invoicing preparation and time control.
SAP Key User
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
· (Expert) technical background in GSE maintenance and repair: mechanics, hydraulics, electricity, air pressure, aircon/refrigeration units, and electrical systems
· Ability to make complex decisions whilst under pressure
· Stress resistant
· Assists in implementation of formal quality improvement
· Demonstrates continuing commitment to achieving a OHSA friendly working environment by seeking out and attending additional safety education classes over and above those required
· Act as role model
· A real team player
· Strong in communication
· Drive for excellence
· Knowledge of MS Office 365 skills
· Leadership skills: facilitating teamwork, communicating the vision, effective delegation, managing change, managing conflict, directing others
· Fluent in English – both oral and written
Competitive, market conform annual salary
ST & LT disability insurance
Retirement plan (401k)
Paid time off
Professional development assistance and great career opportunities within an international organization
Monday to Friday
Universal Drive 12401